If you’re following along on Instagram, then you’re mostly up to speed on our progress at the Greystone House. I did promise an update last week (or was it the week before that?). But then life happened, and here we are.
If you’re not up-to-date, then today’s post may come as a surprise, but we’re almost finished with the Greystone House! Can you even believe it?! Granted, that last 5 percent always takes the longest, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Side note: If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my Instagram story highlights and follow along there, because Instagram is where I share the day-to-day updates and progress.
So, I don’t want to give too much away. After all, I’ve got to save some exciting details for the final reveals! But below are some very, very exciting shots of the latest progress, in no particular order and with absolutely zero context, ha!
Do keep in mind that these are iPhone shots with absolutely zero color correction – so colors likely look a bit different in real life. But don’t worry, I’ll break out my professional camera for the final reveals, so you can really get a sense of the finished product.
Enough disclaimers, feast your eyes on this beauty, below.
Do you even recognize any of these spaces? Tour the “before” if you haven’t already.
As far as what we have left to do, adding lighting will make the biggest difference, because lighting, as they say, is the jewelry of the room. You can bet I’m looking forward to adding beautiful pendants and sconces and chandeliers! I’ll be working with Kichler on gifting one of you a beautiful chandelier, too, so stay tuned for that announcement!
Below are those last 5% projects we have left:
- Hang all lighting fixtures;
- Install barn door hardware;
- Update outlets and light switches, and install covers;
- Hang all mirrors;
- Design, order and install custom master closet;
- Order and install AC registers;
- Hang pegs in the laundry room;
- Update all exterior locks and doorknobs;
- Order and change out the exhaust fans in all 3 bathrooms;
- Install tub spouts in 2 of the 3 bathrooms;
- Order and install all bathroom hardware, including toilet paper holders, towel hooks, etc.;
- Repair the dropped ceiling in the basement;
- Install new fire alarms;
- Order and install door stoppers;
- Install vanity hardware in the basement bathroom;
- Finish the cabinet interior of the appliance garage;
- Install brass gallery railing on the kitchen shelves;
- Repair the driveway;
- Update exterior lighting;
- Hardscaping and build retaining wall in the backyard;
- Clean, style and photograph the house.
So as you can see, the tasks themselves aren’t major – well, maybe with the exception of all the exterior work left to do. But as I mentioned earlier, it’s always those last 5% of any renovation that seem to drag on and on and on. We’ve been saying, “We’re almost done,” for months now, ha!
I must admit, though, that seeing the massive transformation these spaces have gone through already gets me so excited to start sharing final reveals! Which room are you most excited to see finished?