All my business ladies, bloggers and creative entrepreneurs, raise your hands!
Anyone else bursting with amazing ideas for your creative endeavors in the new year?
There’s something about the end of the year that pushes me to reflect on the past, and more importantly, dream about the future and the exciting opportunities that a new year typically brings. This season is no different. I am filled with more ideas than I know what to do with! So after months and months of planning, I am so very excited to bring one of my ideas to fruition and announce that the FOXY OXIE Shop will now be offering styled stock photography!
(Insert a squeal of excitement!)
Since first launching the FOXY OXIE Blog, I have had the privilege of working with some impressive brands on various collaborations, the majority of which require a degree of styling and photographing products. It was only natural for me to expand the FOXY OXIE Shop to offer the same service to other bloggers, business ladies and creative entrepreneurs like myself.
What is styled stock photography?
Maybe you’re a business woman, blogger or creative entrepreneur, but you’ve never heard the term “styled stock photography.” Chances are, if you’re also a regular peruser of fashion and lifestyle blogs, ever visited a website, shopped on Etsy or are addicted to Instagram and Pinterest, I guarantee you’ve seen styled stock in action.
Those perfectly-arranged desktops filled with gorgeous gold accessories and fresh-cut peonies that set your creative heart aflutter? That is quite possibly the most quintessential example of styled stock photography, and if you follow FOXY OXIE on Instagram and have seen snapshots of my own office space, then you know exactly what I’m talking about!
Basically, styled stock photography features carefully arranged vignettes that are based around a particular theme or color palette. Some images have lots of white space for you to add your brand’s message or shop announcement. Others feature empty laptop screens or frames for you to add your design work or art prints. Regardless, this type of photography is gaining popularity as millions of people with an online presence are discovering the versatility of these images and just how much time and frustration these images can save you in content creation.
Why do I need styled stock photography?
Bloggers use it. Creative business owners use it. Etsy shop owners use it.
Basically, like, all the cool people use it – so you should too, okay?
In all seriousness, if you’ve ever dreamed of establishing a cohesive and instantly recognizable presence online but don’t have the time, skills or resources to style and photograph your own product shots, then styled stock photography is the way to go.
How can I use styled stock photography for my blog, website or Etsy shop?
Remember that versatility factor I mentioned earlier?
You can use one styled stock image in numerous ways simply by rotating, resizing, adding text or graphics, cropping and overlaying to create an entirely different image – yet one that is consistent with your brand. Here are four ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- HOMEPAGE IMAGES: If you run an online shop, you know the importance of first impressions. Research shows that visitors assess and form an opinion about your website in less than 50 milliseconds; in other words, you have less than 0.05 seconds to convince a potential customer to browse through your website. Needless to say, the images you have on your homepage are a large deciding factor. Professionally styled stock photography is a wonderful, budget-friendly way to make a positive first impression.
- PINTEREST IMAGES: If you’re a blogger, you already know (or at least you should!) that Pinterest is one of the top traffic drivers. When pinning your blog articles to Pinterest, you can further increase traffic by overlaying the title of your article over an aesthetically appealing styled stock photo. For example, this article on budget-friendly ways to travel Europe has been pinned nearly 10,000 times thanks to the formula described above.
- PRODUCT MOCKUPS: If you’re a web or graphic designer, styled stock images are the perfect way to showcase your work and give consistency to the way you brand your products and services. You’re constantly creating and to have to stop and photograph each new item can be frustrating. Save yourself the headache by downloading a mockup-style stock image to use over and over again.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Whether you’re a blogger or a creative business owner, you know the importance of a strong social media presence, but who has time to style, shoot and edit photos every day? Not I, that’s for sure! Dedicate that time to something more important, like writing new content or, more importantly, spending time with your loved ones – and you can do so by accumulating your own library of styled stock photos that align with your brand.
What sort of styled stock photography can I expect to find at the FOXY OXIE Shop?
The FOXY OXIE Shop offers a constantly expanding variety of gorgeously styled images to be used by anyone with a website, shop, blog or social media accounts that are in need of beautiful, professionally styled photography. When you purchase a styled stock image from the FOXY OXIE Shop, you will immediately receive a link to download your high-res JPEG file – without the watermark, of course. If, at any point, you have a question on how to make a certain image work for your creative endeavor, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
If the FOXY OXIE Instagram account is any indication, I am constantly finding new inspiration and shooting new vignettes, so the images you currently see in the shop is just the beginning! I will regularly be adding new images, so be sure to follow the FOXY OXIE Shop on Etsy and check back often! If there’s a particular type of styled stock image you’ve had trouble finding, be sure to drop me a line in the comment section below or send me an email, and I’ll do my best to cater to your creative business needs! I am also taking on a limited number of custom projects for the new year, so if you’re a shop owner who is ready to take your business to the next level with custom styled and photographed product shots, let’s chat!
I’m loving everything I’ve read so far. How do I get started?
If you think your website, shop, blog or social media accounts could benefit from styled stock photography, here’s what you can do:
- Browse the FOXY OXIE Shop.
- Follow FOXY OXIE on Instagram for sneak peeks of new images and exclusive promotions and discounts.
- Subscribe to the FOXY OXIE newsletter for the latest articles, exclusive shop promotions and lots of surprises – plus receive a FREE DOWNLOAD of The Branding Workbook: A Complete Guide to Developing a Strong Brand Identity.
Thank you all so much for your constant love and support, and I look forward to reading about your thoughts on my latest creative endeavor!