Last week I shared a quick and simple tutorial for how I DIYed a peg rail in the Greystone laundry and mudroom. But in case you’re not the DIY type, today I’m rounding up modern peg rails for under $30.
Peg rails, also sometimes called shaker peg racks, are extremely versatile – probably why they are so appealing, too. Besides the laundry and mudroom, these organizational powerhouses can be hung in the entryway, bedroom, playroom, an empty hallway or really anywhere you want to add more functionality. What I love most about peg rails it that they allow me to display items in both a functional and beautiful manner. You know I’m all about that combination.
Ready-made peg rails may not be as custom as a DIY option, but you can always combine two or more, like I did in the girls’ shared bedroom, above, for a more custom look. Number 1, below, is what we have in the girls’ space, and I’ve used two to create a longer rail. My favorite item on the girls’ peg rail is the tiny birdhouse; the girls are convinced that a family of lady bugs lives there. It’s such a sweet reminder of children’s innocence and purity.
You can often find these rails at thrift stores if you shop regularly. But if thrifting is
Below are 10 ready-made, modern peg rails all under $30. Tell me: Where would you add one?
- 7-peg wood hook, white, $14.00
- 5-hook modern unfinished wood rail, $17.00
- 6-hook matte black hanger, $23.99
- 4-peg walnut and gold rail, $28.00
- Black and white 4-peg rail, $29.50
- 6-peg natural wood rail, $23.00
- Accordion expandable peg rack, $19.00
- Brushed gold 5-hook rail, $19.00
- Modern black flip-down rack, $25.00
- White shelf with pegs, $29.99